- An Oven
- 1 x Saucepan
- 1 x Whisk
- 1 x mixing bowl
- 1 x microwaveable container (or bowl)
- 1 x Knife
(Serves 4, adjust accordingly)
- Cheap substitutes have been provided when possible - and don’t be afraid to buy basics - I know its shit but will still do the job if you cook it right.
- Salmon Fillets. (buy in bulk from frozen to save money - then you can use the spare for other meals)
- Breadcrumbs / 60g. (or if your organised you can make your own breadcrumbs by following the video).
- Wholegrain Mustard.
- Salt & Pepper.
- Butter / 130g, half a block.
- Egg yolks x 4.
- Dill / 10g.
- 1 x Bag of New Potatoes.
1. Firstly, put the new potatoes on;
- Place the new potatoes in a saucepan and fill with cold water until all the potatoes are submerged.
- Add a few blocks of butter and a pinch of salt to the water and then put on the heat to boil.
- Check them regularly after 30 minutes. If you poke them with a knife, it will slide through the potatoes with ease when they are ready.
- Place the salmon on a grill pan and put under the grill on a medium heat for 10 minutes. (this will begin to cook the top of the fillet)
- Then remove from the grill and spread a thin layer of wholegrain mustard on top of the fillet.
- Then coat the mustard with a mixture of breadcrumbs and mixed herbs. (the moisture from the mustard will help the breadcrumbs stick)
- Lastly, return the fillets to the oven on a low heat (180 degrees) for a further 15 minutes.
- Firstly, split the egg yolks from the whites. (do this by breaking the egg into your hands and allowing just the whites to fall through) watch video
- Then beat the egg yolks with a whisk and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Next melt the butter in the microwave. (be careful not to burn the butter, as it only takes about 20 seconds to melt)
- Now very slowly add the hot butter to the egg yolks whilst whisking vigorously the mixture will split if you add the butter too fast. ( the heat from the butter will begin to cook the egg yolks and the mixture will thicken into a sauce) watch video
- Finally, add your chopped dill and combine then enjoy.
This is just a suggestion you can eat it however you like:
- Pile a portion of new potatoes neatly in the centre of the plate.
- Lean the salmon fillet over half of the new potatoes.
- Then finish off with a spoonful of Hollandaise over the top of the salmon.
Recipe in pictures;
Hope you all enjoy the recipe, and would love to hear feedback, see you next time- eat well,
Videography by Richard Davill